Spend on cloud and mobile will dominate technology investments for finance departments this year, but while the potential ROI in those areas is huge, so are the risks. By now most companies have adopted some cloud systems, and the good news is the process of implementing these solutions has gotten easier and more predictable. Unfortunately, for some organizations the process still has unexpected but significant complexities.
Mobile is also on track to reach new productivity heights over the next two years, but CFOs still have concerns, particularly about device security management. While some companies have moved forward with BYOD solutions, others are still trying to make buying mobile devices for their employees a more-coordinated effort. Finance chiefs must also grapple with due diligence prior to rolling out a new company-wide plan, as well as regulatory and compliance issues once that plan is in place.
This eBook will cover:
- Why the convergence of mobile and cloud can have huge benefits for your organization;
- The CFO’s role in overseeing cloud and mobile initiatives;
- New cloud challenges, from loss of control to data security issues, to prepare and plan for;
- Data security issues you must plan for with mobile; and
- Steps to take before rolling out a cloud strategy within your finance organization.