Construction & Engineering
Wouldn’t you like to know how each and every project impacts your bottom line?
Few industries have been more volatile than the construction industry over the last several years. With very high capital expenses and long-term projects, bad investment decisions can impact performance for several years. You need to plan and monitor in real time how individual projects affect your cash flow, interest expense and bottom-line profitability as well as model the impact of various project investment scenarios.
To achieve that goal, you require more insight on project planning parameters such as joint ventures, work in progress, invested capital and cash flow. You need to know how currency fluctuations and exchange rates affect your bottom line. And you need to be able to see the impact across the organization not only on the individual project but also the impact balance sheet, cash flow and profit and loss statements.
Following a thorough evaluation of all the major vendors, we selected Tagetik: they offered a good combination of approach and functionality which would allow us to deliver both the existing financial consolidation functionality together with improved contract and tender reporting. Dave Benson, Group Financial Controller, Keller Group
That is what Tagetik 4 delivers for you. Employing a unified, low-TCO approach,
you have a powerful tool that simplifies complex business processes, to:
- Improve how you manage invested capital to maximize market value,
streamline business processes and reduce operating costs
- Unify your processes of managing business performance and financial assets
- Analyze complex business structures by geographic area, type of work,
project managers, project controllers, etc.
- Assess and manage the financial impact of joint ventures
- Integrate financial planning processes to see the potential effects on profitability,
bottom line and cash flow
- Easily manage dynamic factors such as PSM, milestone billing in advance, retention
money, and setting fixed fees prior to contract
- Estimate cost control contracts up to the final level of WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
and detailed design phases
- Analyze data and scenarios throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Integrate primary (e.g., geographical area) and secondary (e.g., work type) segment
reporting into the development of statutory and management consolidation
Tagetik 4 is built the way your business works. As part of our strategic partnership with Microsoft,
we’ve recently added sophisticated industry-specific functionality to Tagetik 4 for business
intelligence (BI), collaboration and communication.