Financial Planning & Control
About Tagetik Software
Tagetik is 100% dedicated to simplifying and streamlining business processes for the Office of Finance to accelerate informed decisions that achieve strategic goals. Our award-winning Tagetik 4 Performance Management software is the ideal solution for global companies that seek a clearly superior level of financial expertise in a single unified solution for planning, forecasting, consolidation, close, reporting, profitability management, disclosure, financial governance, and analysis. Tagetik is a rapidly growing global company with operations in more than 20 countries and 500 customers yet provides an exceptional experience by focusing solely on the needs of finance and doing it better than anyone else. Learn more…
Financial Planning is the process of estimating the capital required and determining it’s competition. It is the process of framing financial policies in relation to procurement, investment and administration of funds of an enterprise.
Financial planning and control is a key process of Corporate Performance Management.
Its functions include:
- providing internal guidance in planning, steering and monitoring value creation through the control of income-statement, cash-flow and balance-sheet value drivers;
providing external guidance in supplying stakeholders (shareholders, banks, customers, suppliers, government) with key corporate information to enable them to assess economic and financial performance appropriately and rate the company’s creditworthiness accordingly; and enhancing statutory compliance and control capabilities.
Objectives of Financial Planning
- Determining capital requirements- This will depend upon factors like cost of current and fixed assets, promotional expenses and long- range planning. Capital requirements have to be looked with both aspects: short- term and
long- term requirements.
- Determining capital structure- The capital structure is the composition of capital, i.e., the
relative kind and proportion of capital required in the business. This includes decisions
of debt- equity ratio- both short-term and long- term.
- Framing financial policies with regards to cash control, lending, borrowings, etc.
- A finance manager ensures that the scarce financial resources are maximally utilized in
the best possible manner at least cost in order to get maximum returns on investment.
Discover how Tagetik 4 Performance Management Software delivers: