Next generation EPM applications enable CPG and manufacturing companies to achieve cost reduction and margin improvement by unifying financial planning and CPM processes with Sales and Operations Planning. This paper defines what “next generation” is and how to take advantage of new capabilities to reduce cost, increase efficiency, and drive operating margin improvement.
Table of Contents
- What is Next Generation CPM/EPM?
- Why is CPM Different in CPG and Manufacturing?
- Current Issues with S&OP
- Isolated Processes
- Tactical vs. Strategic
- EPM is the MRP of its Generation
- Bill of Materials Impact on Financial Performance
- Inventory, Mix, Currency Impact on Cash and Working Capital
- Combined Operational and Financial Modeling
- Better Cash Flow Forecasting
- Combined Operational and Financial Scenario Planning
- Integrated Measurement and Visibility
- Value and Benefits
- Reduce Risk
- Your EPM Strategy